Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Greetings

The notion of creating a blog seemed heresy to me until recently... The idea of broadcasting for free felt self-defeating and, as a professional writer/author, much like cutting my own throat.

I've viewed blogging as vanity and/or recycling (reusing others' hard work and investigations to dig only as deep as online searches allow). Why the media has embraced blogging has been baffling, but I can no longer ignore this outlet.

Sad but all too true, I sincerely hope that new ideas and investigations start to emerge from the blogging universe. This is why I'm here, writing right now, trying to bring a new depth to this silly yet sublime world.

Hereafter, I promise the following:

  • Original stories/essays on various subjects, including book reviews and excerpts from any upcoming books and articles I'm working on
  • A good laugh every once in awhile...
  • The "TRUTH" - as far as I see it, that is

I still don't know what this will lead to but I'm both nervous and excited - akin to attending kindergarten.

Thanks for reading and, please, offer your feedback.

Oh, and if you're a blogger - be original and give credit when/where deserved. We're all writers, pros, wannabes and thieves included...

Best,

Brad Lockwood

No comments: